GREEN HACKATHON 2022 - CIRCULARITY
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions are applicable to the "GREEN Hackathon 2022 - Circularity in Hospitality" and its pre-engagement activities (herein referred to as "Hackathon"). By entering the Hackathon, the participant agrees to abide by the following Terms and Conditions, which is a legally binding agreement between the Participant and Pangaia Solutions Limited ("GREEN Hospitality") with respect to the Hackathon. The terms and conditions are subject to change according to the evolving pandemic restrictions. GREEN Hospitality will notify participants of any changes as soon as possible:
1. Teams should have a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of four (4) members.
2. The Participant may choose to apply as an individual or as a team. Individual participants will be required to form a team of at least three (3) and a maximum of four (4) participants before the Hackathon Sprint starts (26 February 2022). Participants who fail to form a team before the start of the Hackathon Sprint may be disqualified. An opportunity to meet other participants will be made available on the Hackathon Kick-off Event to be held on 9 February 2022.
3. All team members must be present at the event. In case of any unforeseen circumstances (eg.: sickness), the participant will need to provide proof of absence.
4. The Hackathon is divided into two (2) categories. The University Student category is open to any University Student above 18 years of age and currently enrolled at the time of the Hackathon event in any recognized tertiary institution in Hong Kong or abroad. The Professional category is open to any member of the public, including innovators, entrepreneurs, hospitality industry employees, etc.
5. The application period for both categories starts on 11 December 2021 00:00 HKT (GMT+8) and finishes on 6 February 2022 23:59 HKT (GMT+8). Late applications will not be allowed.
6. A presentation (in pdf format) will have to be submitted by 5pm on the day of the Hackathon Sprint (26 February 2022). The presentation deck will be sent over to the judges prior to the pitching. Teams will have until 7pm to practice their pitches and get some refreshments.
7. All materials submitted in connection with the Hackathon must be in English.
8. Each team will get 5 minutes to pitch their project to the judges during the GREEN Hackathon Innovation Night (26 February 2022 19:00 HKT). Each team needs to select only one person to pitch the idea. Pitching will be followed by 2 minutes of Q&A by the judges.
9. All pitches will be evaluated by the panel of judges. The final decisions of the judges are to be based on the following parameters: Quality of idea, Originality of idea, Potential for implementation and impact, and Presentation. The panel will assign a score to each parameter, which will then determine the ranking of each participating team. The final decision of the judges cannot be challenged and is binding.
10. All prizes are to be shared amongst all Team members.
11. All Participants will receive an info pack with relevant information about the event agenda, activities and other useful information a couple of days prior to the event.
12. We strongly advise the teams to not print any info packs, documents, etc. Please use the digital versions to reduce paper waste. Come prepared with a downloaded copy of the info pack or any other material you may need.
13. A Whatsapp group will be created and used as the primary channel of communication between the Organisers and the Teams. In case of any questions, please refer to the Whatsapp group.
14. Teams will gain advice and support from mentors ahead of the event (through online meetings) as well as during the event. All teams will be introduced to their coordinators/volunteers on the day who will act as their point of contact in case of any queries/problems.
15. Participants will be provided with lunch, dinner and snacks throughout the day on the Hackathon Sprint and Innovation Night. The Organisers will try to accommodate all the dietary requirements mentioned on the registration forms. However, in case of any other requirements, please come prepared.
16. All participants are urged to bring their own water bottles and/or coffee mugs to reduce disposable waste. There will be water filters and coffee dispensers to refill your drinks.
17. Teams can use an idea or concept they had before the event, but there should not be any existing or tested prototype prior to the event. They are allowed to use information from the resource list provided to them or any other free/owned sources, while being mindful of plagiarism.
18. Plagiarism or copying of any material will not be tolerated. The Participants/Team will be immediately disqualified, in case any plagiarism is detected.
19. Teams can be disqualified from the competition at the Organisers' discretion. Reasons might include but are not limited to breaking the competition rules, providing invalid or illegal information or other unsporting behaviour.
20. All the events related to the Hackathon will strictly abide by the sanitary regulations in accordance with the Hong Kong Government guidelines at the time of the events, including but not limited to social distancing and group gathering rules, using of face masks at all times, scanning of the LeaveHomeSafe application, etc.
21. Upon registering to the GREEN Hackathon 2022, Participants agree to participate in any media, promotional activity or publicity related to the Hackathon without payment or compensation, if requested to do so by GREEN Hospitality.
22. Participants acknowledge and agree that GREEN Hospitality or its partners on this project may display publicly, archive and reproduce any Submissions for broadcast, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes without any obligation to the Participants or any further Participants' consent.
23. By participating in the Green Hackathon 2022, Participants consent to be photographed and to be included in the filming of footage documenting the events. You hereby waive any and all rights of publicity or privacy and grant GREEN Hospitality full and complete permission to utilise your participation in the event in any and all manner and media throughout the world in perpetuity. You consent to the use of your name, image, likeness, voice and biographical material about you in connection with any and all footage, publicity and related promotional material and for any and all publicity and promotional purposes. You expressly release GREEN Hospitality its directors, officers, employees, consultants and service providers from and against any and all claims which you have or may have for invasion of privacy, defamation or any other cause of action arising out of the production, distribution, broadcast or exhibition of photographs, footage or any promotional materials.
Remember: The competition is just a part of the Hackathon. To make the most out of the event, try something new, collaborate with other people, and make new friends!